Black Forest Bison is a small family operated ranch just north of Colorado Springs, where we have been raising Bison for six years. We are dedicated to raising All Natural Grass Fed Bison.
Our animals roam in a pasture, never in a feed lot. We strive to keep our animals in as natural and stress free of an environment as possible. Happy Buffalo thrive in our native Colorado environment.
Our meat is USDA inspected and Flash Frozen to ensure quality.
We are members of the Colorado Proud organization and the National Bison Association
Black Forest Bison Facts:
- 1st Place, 2009 Scovie Award, Fiery Foods & BBQ Magazine – Caliente Canyon Spice Bison Jerky
- Grand Champion, Best Bison Jerky 2005 as judged by HGTV celebrity, Paul James (Host of Gardening by the Yard) at the National Bison Association – Gunsmoke Bison Jerky
- 1st Place, 2007 Fiery Foods Challenge Zest Fest – Caliente Canyon Spicy Bison Jerky
- 2nd Place, 2007 Fiery Foods Challenge Zest Fest – Double Black Diamond Bison Jerky
- Featured in the December 2007 Chili Pepper Magazine as 1 of the Top 10 gifts for Chili Lovers
- Featured on many local TV newscasts:
- Denver’s WB Morning Show, Channel 2
- Colorado Springs NBC Affiliate, Channel 5/30,
- Colorado Springs ABC Affiliate, Channel 13
- Featured in local papers
- Front Page feature in the Colorado Springs Business Journal along with multiple articles
- Several articles in the Colorado Springs Gazette and the Denver’s Rocky Mountain News
- Bronze Trophy Winner – Pen of Two Heifer Calves, Rocky Mountain Bison Association, 2005
- 3rd Place, Dutch Oven Cookoff, Rapid City – Gunsmoke Bison Jerky